Pastor David Wicks Jr. and his wife Liz have been serving with us since June, 2014.
Liz and I were were missionaries in the Philippines from 2005-2010 and have a heart for missions and for the church fulfilling the Great Comission. I have a Master’s degree in counseling (2014) from Briercrest Seminary, a BSc. from Simon Fraser University (2003), and a diploma from Eston College (1997). Liz has a degree in missions and community health from Elim Bible Institute in the USA (2005). I guess I am most passionate about living a life that honors God as my creator and living in a way that is obedient to His purpose for placing me on earth. I can’t think of a higher calling. I guess that is why I studied counseling. How can I help myself and others to live life well, as God intended? Here’s some questions that were put to me a few months ago that will help you get to know me a bit:
- What is a little known fact about you? I know how to use a sewing machine and actually like to sew.
- What is your current favourite selection on your Ipod? If I had an IPOD it would probably be Stevie Ray Vaughan or something by Gordon Lightfoot.
- Last book you read and enjoyed? Read a biography recently on Nikola Tesla by Margaret Cheney. A fascinating story about a brilliant man, but so tragic.
- Favourite food? Pizza.
- What’s on the top of your bucket list? Getting a bigger bucket.
- What’s your proudest accomplishment? Tough question. I would say I am most proud of my kids.
- What’s your most embarrassing moment? Never been able to answer this question, which probably says something about me.
- What lead you to become a pastor? That’s a long complicated answer that has many reasons that won’t fit here but there are a couple reasons that stand out the most as I sit and think. First off, I was just being obedient to God’s leading. Second, I guess I like the challenge and adventure that it brings. And third, I just wanted to give back to the body of Christ because it has been so instrumental in forming me and making me who I am today.