January 14, 2018
GRENFELL APOSTOLIC CHURCH
PASTOR DAVE WICKS Church 306-697-2440
PASTOR LINDSAY MITCHELL 737-4460
ELDERS Garth Cole 697-7111 Michael Zorn 697-8701
PRAYER CHAIN S. Dimler 697-7160
Church website: www.grenfellap.com
Office hours: Tues. & Thurs. 9:00 a.m. – Noon
Mission Statement: Grenfell Apostolic Church exists to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ in word and deed and to disciple His followers to be like Him.
Vision Statement: In order to proclaim the gospel and produce maturity, we make opportunity for people to learn with and from each other, to have fellowship with one another and to reach out to our community in lovingkindness alongside one another.
JANUARY 14. 2018
You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for you have created all things, and for your pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11
TODAY: 10:30 AM Worship Service
Pastor Dave: Baptism – Matt. 3:13-17
Tues. 9:00 a.m. Quilting
Tues. 12:15 p.m. Ladies’ prayer time
Wed. 9:30 a.m. Moms and Tots
Wed. 2:00 p.m. Ladies’ Bible study
Wed. 7:00 p.m. Youth Bible study
Thurs. 6:00 a.m. Men’s prayer time
Fri. Youth Activity
Jan 22 – 26 Week of Prayer will be held at Trinity Presbyterian Church. If you could bring a pot of soup on Tues., Jan. 23, please contact Carol S. Our church will take the Friday service.
Jan. 24 7:00 p.m. Springside Camp board meeting
Feb. 4 – 11 Fasting week
4Annual Departmental Reports are due in the office Jan. 23. (Youth, AWM, Children’s Church, Springside Camp, Board)
If you would like to become a member of the church, please contact the Pastor. Membership gives voting privileges at Annual and Congregational meetings.
When filling out your tithe envelopes, please include your full mailing address for receipting purposes.
MONTHLY CHURCH RHYTHMS
1st Sunday – 1:30 p.m. Pioneer Home
2nd Tuesday – 7:30 p.m. Board meeting
2nd Saturday – 7:00 p.m. Prayer time
3rd Sunday – Noon Potluck
Take it Home
Facts about Baptism
- You do not get baptised to please anyone or because the church believes in it or to get a religious checkmark.
- You get baptized to follow Christ’s example and because Jesus said to.
- The number one requirement for baptism is a desire to obey.
- You should get baptized after you have repented of sin and received Jesus as your Savior and as soon after your commitment as you have opportunity.
- You should be baptized publicly and by immersion.
- Baptism is a step of faith, a step of obedience, a step of commitment and a public testimony.